Hello everyone -
Even though Mom does have pneumonia, she is responding very well to the antibiotics. Her blood pressure AND temperature has been consistently normal. We saw several doctors today; most importantly Dr. Manubens, her cardiologist and Dr. Dugan, standing in for Dr. Mirda - her oncologist.
Dr. Dugan gave orders for her to have an injection this afternoon of Neupogen that should return her white blood cell count and Neutrophils to a more acceptable range. They will check her lab work tomorrow to be sure this does it's job. If it has, she will be sent home!
As of right now, we do not know exactly what the plans will be for any future radiation or chemotherapy treatments. I anticipate we will see Dr. Knister sometime early tomorrow (he was working in Vallejo today). Dr. Mirda will be back in his office on Thursday. Continued treatment options will be decided after consultations with both of these oncologists.
It is very encouraging to see Mom respond so quickly to the antibiotics. Combined with medicine and all your prayers, Mom is definitely on the road to recovering from this setback.
I will update tomorrow as we get more information. Let's hope I will be posting from Beckworth Drive instead of Queen of the Valley.
Love to all,